Imperfect Swaddle Blanket, Merino Wool, Newborn to 3 Months, Blue
- Free US shipping on $49+
- ships within 1-2 business days
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Imperfects are products that have some cosmetic imperfection or defect, or they are returns in good or like-new condition that have been inspected and are offered at a deep discount. None of the flaws will affect the safety or function of the product. Some imperfects may be shipped without their original packaging.
It is first come - first served and there is no waiting list. All sales on imperfects are FINAL.
Newborn babies have only a limited ability to regulate their own body temperature. This luxuriously soft swaddling wrap made of pure superfine merino wool will keep your baby comfortable and snug from birth. As the baby grows and no longer needs to be swaddled, it will have many other great uses over time.
- 100% Natural, made from silky-soft hypoallergenic Australian merino wool
- Size: 39 x 35.5in (100 x 90cm)
- 4-season use. Unlike any other fiber, merino wool creates a microclimate around the baby's body and regulates baby’s body temperature naturally. It helps keep baby warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot
- Oeko-Tex 100 certified to be eco-friendly and free of harmful substances
- Certified by the Woolmark Company, our products are sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Keeps baby comfortable and dry even when 'accidents' occur as merino can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture before it feels damp
- Naturally stretchy, easier to wrap and stays in place better than other wraps
- Naturally flame-resistant; Offers high UV protection
- Unlike cocoon-shaped swaddles that babies outgrow quickly, it can be used for many other purposes when baby is no longer swaddled - a blanket for the stroller, car or crib, a nursing cover, a sunshade, and lots more
- An ideal baby shower gift
Merino wool comes from Merino sheep, infused with nature’s ability to make it the perfect fiber to have against your baby’s skin.
Silky soft & hypoallergenic
Made of superfine merino wool that is supremely soft against baby’s skin.
Regulates body temperature
One of Merino’s key properties is the ability to keep a baby warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm, so you can be assured of the perfect temperature regulation for your little one (something they struggle with until they’re older!).
Warming even when wet
Nighttime accidents happen, but when merino wool gets wet, it retains its warming properties. Your baby will have a comfortable night’s sleep whatever the circumstances.
Ideal for layering
Superbly breathable, lightweight and silky soft - perfect worn on own or layered under clothing or a Woolino Sleep Bag.
Made with Woolmark and Oeko-Tex 100 certified merino wool.
FREE shipping in the USA (3-6 business days service) on orders over $49 USD.
Expedited shipping option (2 business days) in the USA starting at $2.50.
Express international shipping (2-5 business days) starting at $14.99.
Machine wash on low temperature (100°F max), wool or mild detergent. Line dry. To refresh and reduce washing, air often.
Won’t wool itch my baby’s skin?
Absolutely not. We use only superfine merino wool, which unlike the traditional wool, feels like silk against baby’s delicate skin. In fact, because of its softness and unique breathability, it is perfect for treating conditions such as heat rash and eczema.
Isn’t merino wool too hot for warm temperatures/climates?
Our merino wool baby garments are lightweight and perfect for year-round wear. Merino helps naturally in regulating baby’s body temperature. It creates a micro-climate around them, gaining or losing heat as required to produce warmth in cold conditions and enhance cooling effects in warm conditions.
Woolino merino wool garments seems rather thin, should I worry whether it’ll keep my child warm?
Merino provides warmth without having to be bulky. Unlike traditional wool, the finesse of the Merino fiber allows for a very fine spun yarn and knit fabric. Because of the way fine Merino fibers are crimped together, it has greater density than other fibers, which allows it to retain heat better than other thicker fabric.
How do I know if my child is hot or cold?
Please check if your baby is hot or cold while sleeping by touching her tummy or behind her neck. Touching baby’s hands and feet are NOT good indications of their actual body temperature.
Do Woolino garments need to be washed before the first use?
No, it is not required to wash your Woolino garment prior wearing. When you wash it, please follow the care instructions carefully.
Pajamas and clothing sizing chart
Merino wool is naturally stretchy. It has ability to expand and return to its original size so you may find our garments fit your child for longer than other non-merino garments.
Why does wool smell when it gets wet?
There is an odor associated with wet wool, sometimes described as a "wet dog", "burned", or "perm" smell. This particular smell of wet wool is present because we use natural merino wool that has been minimally processed in order to preserve the lanolin content inside the wool.
Lanolin is naturally present in merino wool and is responsible for giving wool all of the great properties that we love: wicks away sweat, resists stains, feels soft to the touch, stays elastic, and resists bacteria and odors. Wool is a natural product. Even if you have multiple products, one may have a higher lanolin content than the other, accounting for a difference in smell.
You should not notice this smell at all when the product is completely dry. Over time, the smell will be less and less noticeable after washing as the lanolin content in the wool dissipates.
How to remove stains from wool?
Stains should be treated immediately. Do not apply any form of heat, as this tends to fix most stains making them more difficult to remove.
Rinse the stain immediately and thoroughly in cold water. Then, apply one of these two homemade stain remover mixtures that we recommend:
- The preferred option is a mixture of liquid laundry detergent and a few drops of white vinegar. Cover the stain with the mixture and allow the liquid to sit on the stain for at least an hour. Blot the stained area gently with a cloth before rinsing thoroughly with clean water. Repeat if necessary.
- Another option is a mixture of one part (1 Tsp) dish soap and two parts (2 Tsp) Hydrogen Peroxide (3%). Apply some of the mixture over the stain and let it sit for several hours. Wash afterwards as usual.
When ready to wash, check the product care tag for best results. Following our recommended care instructions will ensure the best possible wear while maintaining & prolonging the life of your Woolino.
Here's a link to The Best Ways to Remove Stains from Your Wool Clothes provided by Woolmark. It contains a comprehensive list of different types of stains and a step-by-step guide for removal: