Sheepskin Rug for Babies, 100% Natural, Shorn Lambskin Wool, 2 x 3 Feet, Ivory
free shipping & free returns*
- 100% natural, made from silky-soft hypoallergenic Australian merino wool.
- Size: 2 x 3 ft. (60 x 90cm).
- Ideal for naptime or playtime, as a liner for the crib, bassinet, playpen or seat.* Sooths and comforts, helps child feel secure wherever they go.
Lambskins may all look alike but are not the same, and certainly not all are made for baby use. You can’t simply buy a sheepskin from a home furnishings store and use it for your baby as it could be dangerous. To be safe for baby use, lambskins must be short shorn (pile height 1.2” (30mm) or less), and tanned using a special process that is safe and approved for babies.
Why Woolino Natural Lambskin?
• 100% NATURAL - Woolino Lambskin is a product of nature, a completely biodegradable and a renewable resource.
• CONTENTMENT - The natural softness of the lamb-fleece will sooth and comfort baby. Babies settle more quickly when they lay on lambskin.
• YEAR-ROUND COMFORT - Wool’s soft hollow fibers “breathe” and help regulate body temperature so wool keeps baby warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot. Wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture without feeling wet, keeping baby always dry and comfortable.
• BABY’S BEST FRIEND - Helps baby feel secure and comfortable wherever baby goes: stroller, bassinet, seat, changing table, or play rug.
• TESTED FOR SAFETY AND APPROVED FOR BABY USE - Short shorn wool (1.2 inch, 30mm in length), non-toxic, tested and certified by Oeko Tex 100® for baby use. Specially tanned and sanitized for babies and young children.
• NATURALLY FLAME RESISTANT and static resistant. Merino wool is considered by the medical profession to be hypo-allergenic.
• HIGH QUALITY - Seamless, quality-crafted from the most luxurious dense and silky lambskins.
• EASY-CARE - Machine washable and dry-cleanable. Full care instructions included in packaging.
• Studies have shown that babies sleeping on wool settle more quickly, wake and cry less, sleep longer, and gain weight faster.*
*When used for bedding, it is recommended for children over 12 months old.
Merino wool by nature is self-cleaning and does NOT need to be washed as frequently as other fabrics. To refresh and reduce washing, turn garment inside-out and air often. Follow care instructions carefully to ensure you get the best possible wear from your garment.
Merino Wool Sleep Bags and Clothing
- It is not necessary to wash your Woolino garments prior to use
- WE SUGGEST MACHINE WASH: Close all zippers. Use gentle wool cycle, on LOW temperature, 100°F /40°C max. Gentle spin
- If hand wash: Gently soak and squish in lukewarm water. Do not agitate, wring or rub wool against wool
- Use wool approved detergent - we recommend Kookaburra, a plant based alternative to "traditional" detergents
- Do not soak or bleach
- Avoid fabric conditioners and softeners
- Use minimal amount of detergent as it can increase felting and pilling over time
- Sleeping bags can be tumble dried on “NO Heat” setting. Close zipper before tumble drying. Dry flat whenever possible. Keep away from direct sunlight or any direct heat source (radiator). Do not tumble dry blankets and clothing.
- Cool iron on outer cotton only. Do not iron prints or labels
Pilling - How to prevent it
Pilling is a natural process that is inherent in merino fabric due to the fact that merino is a staple fiber. Generally, pilling occurs because the shorter fibers are working their way to the surface of the fabric.
The best way to avoid pilling is to wash a new merino wool product after the first couple of wears. The pilling will diminish over time as non-tenacious wool fibers work themselves free of the fabric and break away.
- Please note that when washed, sheepskin products will not come out looking like new. We recommend only spot cleaning when possible. Sponge off small, lightly soiled areas and towel dry where necessary. Daily airing is recommended to keep the lambskin fresh
- Use gentle or wool cycle (max 38°C/100°F)
- Use a mild detergent, we recommend Kookaburra, or use biodegradable wool washes and shampoos with natural pH. Do NOT use soap or washing powders containing enzymes or bleach. Do NOT use fabric softeners. Do NOT use common laundry detergents
- Gently stretch the product back into its original shape
- To dry, place the lambskin on a flat surface. Keep out of direct sunlight. Do NOT place the lambskin on a radiator or in front of a convector or heater
- Lamb-fleece may be brushed lightly after washing to help restore their soft fluffy appearance
- Do NOT bleach
- Do NOT iron
- We recommend only occasional washing or spot cleaning when possible. Sponge off small, lightly soiled areas and towel dry where necessary
- Use gentle, wool cycle or wash on Low (85°F)
- Use a mild detergent, we recommend Kookaburra, or use wool washes and shampoos with natural pH. Do NOT use soap or washing powders containing enzymes or bleach. Do NOT use fabric softeners
- Do NOT tumble dry
- Do NOT bleach
- Do NOT iron
To freshen up the comforter, expose it to direct sunlight and fresh air for a couple of hours every few months.
What is a baby sleep bag or sack?
A baby sleep bag, also called a wearable blanket or sleep sack, is a bag-like garment or covering worn by infants for sleeping. It replacing loose blankets in the crib that can cover your baby's face and interfere with breathing.
Since 2005, The American Academy of Pediatrics has recommended the use of wearable blankets for safe sleep. Unlike regular blankets, a wearable blanket or sleep sack is worn over your child's sleepwear, so it won't be kicked off and baby stays covered all night. The sleep bag will become part of your child's bedtime routine, providing a sense of security and comfort.
What is the TOG rating of your sleep bags? Are they winter or summer weight?
Our 4 Season baby sleeping bags are designed to be worn year round. Therefore, they do not have a fixed TOG. They are made from 100% natural breathable fibers and contain NO synthetic filling. The fine merino wool lining helps naturally in regulating baby’s body temperature, keeping baby warm in winter and cool in summer.
Woolino sleep bags are recommended to use in room temperatures 63-77F (17-25C). Simply adjust the layers of underwear or sleepwear worn beneath the sleeping bag to suit the nursery temperature. You can find our suggested dressing guidelines on the back of the room thermometer that comes with every sleep bag.
What is the difference between Woolino Ultimate (universal size) and Woolino Basic Baby Sleep Bags?
Both collections have same weight fabrics, Merino wool lining and organic cotton outer. The differences are:
Woolino 4 Season Ultimate Baby Sleep Bag has universal sizing: 2m-2yr, underarm snaps for adjusting the size of the armholes, travel slots for use in car seats, strollers, bouncers etc., & both shoulder snaps.
Woolino 4 Season Basic Sleep Bag has simpler design: no snaps and no travel slots; it comes in traditional sizes: 0-6, 6-18, 18-36 months.
When can my baby start using Woolino Ultimate Baby Sleep Bags in size 2m-2yr? How long will my baby fit in this Woolino sleeping bag?
Woolino Ultimate Baby Sleep Bags provide an excellent value as they are designed to fit an average size baby from about 2 months up to 2 years of age. You may start using your sleeping bag when you feel your baby is too big to be swaddled and is breaking out of it. Please use the under-arms snaps to adjust the fit for smaller babies. Our minimum recommended weight is 10lb. or 4.5 kg.
When should I use the under-arm adjustment system?
In general, you need to use the under-arm snaps for babies up to 6 months old. However, this depends on baby’s size, so for smaller babies you may have to use them longer. Please keep in mind that the underarm snaps are to be used for safety reasons, so that the sleep bag fits snugly around baby’s upper body and doesn’t climb up baby’s face.
This sleep bag looks big on my 2-month old, should I be worried about the extra length?
The length of the sleep bag should not be an issue as long as the bag is well fitted around your baby’s body. If you’d like, you can simply tuck the bottom of the sleep bag under baby’s feet at the beginning. The bottom of the sack is designed to be roomy & grow with your baby. It also allows for mobility and healthy hip development. For smaller babies, please use the under-arm snap adjusting system to keep the bag from sliding up. Our minimum recommended weight is 10 lb. or 5 kg.
Do I need more than one Woolino sleeping bag?
Yes, we recommend having two Woolino baby sleeping bags. It is always useful to have a spare sleep bag when one is being washed, to keep at grandparents' place or if baby requires a quick change in the middle of the night. We offer a 10% Discount when you buy two or more Woolino baby sleep bags at the same time. Please enter code BUYTWOSAVE15 at checkout. This promotion cannot be combined with any other offer.
Won’t wool itch my baby’s skin?
Absolutely not. We use only superfine merino wool, which unlike the traditional wool, feels like silk against baby’s delicate skin. In fact, because of its softness and unique breathability, it is perfect for helping treating conditions such as heat rash and eczema.
Isn’t merino wool too hot for warm temperatures/climates?
Our merino wool baby sleeping bags are perfect for year-round wear in nurseries with room temperatures 63-77F (17-25C). Simply adjust the layers of underwear or sleepwear worn beneath the sack to suit the room temperature. Merino creates a micro-climate around your baby’s body, gaining or losing heat as required to produce warmth in cool conditions and enhance cooling effects in warm conditions.
Woolino merino wool sleep bag seems rather thin, should I worry whether it’ll keep my child warm?
Merino provides warmth without having to be bulky. Unlike traditional wool, the finesse of the Merino fiber allows for a very fine spun yarn and knit fabric. Because of the way fine Merino fibers are crimped together, it has greater density than other fibers, which allows it to retain heat better than other thicker fabric.
Although every baby is different, as a general guideline, Woolino sleep bags are recommended for use in room temperatures 63-77F (17-25C). Simply adjust the layers of sleepwear worn beneath the sleep bag to suit the temperature of your nursery. You can find our suggested dressing guidelines on the back of the included room thermometer.
What should my baby wear when sleeping in a Woolino 4 Season Sleep Bag?
We recommend sleepwear made of natural and breathable fabrics like cotton or merino wool. Please refer to the dressing guide we provide (also on back of your Woolino room thermometer) as general recommendations on how to dress your baby depending on the room temperature. Woolino pajamas are ideal for layering or to wear inside a Woolino sleep bag. The temperature in most rooms will rise and fall throughout the night, and the merino fiber has the remarkable ability to regulate your baby's body temperature.
How do I know if my child is hot or cold?
Please check if your baby is hot or cold while sleeping by touching her tummy or behind her neck. Touching baby’s hands and feet are NOT good indications of their actual body temperature.
Why don’t the sleeping bags have sleeves? Won’t my child get cold?
Our baby sleeping bags are sleeveless to ensure air circulation around baby’s chest. Babies that sleep with traditional sheets and blankets rarely sleep with their arms underneath the blankets. We recommend layering under-garments to ensure your child is perfectly comfortable in their sleeping environment. It is normal for babies to have cold hands and feet due to their still-developing circulation systems and it is not an indication that they are cold. Checking behind baby’s neck or his/her tummy will give you better indication of baby’s body temperature.
Woolino sleep bags sizing chart
Does the sleep bag need to be washed before the first use?
It is not required to wash your Woolino sleep bag before wearing. When you wash it, please follow the care instructions carefully.
Pajamas and clothing sizing chart
Merino wool is naturally stretchy. It has ability to expand and return to its original size so you may find our garments fit your child for longer than other non-merino garments. Our garments are cut on the generous side for a comfortable fit and to accommodate cloth diaper wearers.
How should I care for my Woolino sleep bag?
Merino wool by nature is self-cleaning and does NOT need to be washed as frequently as other fabrics. To refresh and reduce washing, turn garment inside-out and air often.
- MACHINE WASH: Close zipper. Use gentle wool cycle, on LOW temperature, 100°F /40°C max. Gentle spin
- Use wool approved detergent ONLY - we recommend Kookaburra (available at Woolino.com), a plant based alternative to "traditional" detergents
- Do not soak or bleach. Avoid fabric conditioners and softeners
- Use minimal amount of detergent as it may increase felting and pilling over time
- Hand wash: Gently soak and squish in lukewarm water. Do not agitate, wring, or rub wool against wool
- DRY FLAT when possible. When washed, Merino doesn’t feel very damp and dries very quickly. Simply place the garment over a drying rack and dry flat away from direct sunlight or any direct heat source (radiator). You may also tumble dry it on “No Heat” setting
*FREE SHIPPING offer is valid on orders over $49 in USA and Canada only.
All orders will be processed and shipped within 1-2 business days. Orders received before 11am EST will be processed and shipped the same day.
US orders with FREE Standard option are shipped with 2-5 business day service. Express shipping (1-2 days) is also available at additional cost, but if you select this method also please enter a special note or send us an email about wanting your order processed as express shipping to ensure speedy delivery.
Canadian orders with FREE Standard option are shipped from our fulfillment centers in Canada, 3-6 business day delivery if stock is available, otherwise they will ship from US with First Class International Mail – 8-12 business day delivery. Express shipping (2-4 days) is also available at additional cost. If your shipment is time-sensitive, please check with us prior to ordering to ensure that the item you purchase is in stock in Canada.
We will ship your order with USPS First Class International Mail. Delivery estimates depend on destination country and may range from 1-4 weeks. However, it may take longer depending on season or if the shipment has been held for customs processing. Express shipping (3-5 days) with USPS Priority Mail Express is also available at additional cost, please note that even Express shipping option is not guaranteed to arrive in 3-5 days due to the nature of international shipment which can be delayed for unknown reasons at the customs.
Your order may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees that you may have to pay ahead of delivery once a shipment reaches your country. You should contact your local customs office for further information.
RETURNS & WARRANTY
We feel confident that we offer products that are of the highest quality and that you will love them. However, if you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return the products purchased directly from Woolino for FREE* (USA and Canada addresses only) within 30 days from the date of the purchase for a refund or exchange.
Items should be in new condition, not washed, and with original packaging. Please contact us at 440-306-2234 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to returning it; we can often offer a solution that will help.
* Returns on comforters:
Comforters are excluded from our standard return policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase of your comforter, you may return the product within 30 days from receipt of purchase. Items must be unused, unwashed, and in the original packaging. Due to bedding law regulations and our standards, any comforter that has been opened or used may not be resold and is not returnable. All return shipping costs are the customer's responsibility. Please contact us at 440-306-2234 or email@example.com prior to returning the product.
Woolino products are protected by an industry-leading warranty against manufacturer's defects.
Woolino sleep bags come with one year warranty on zippers and snaps, and 6 months warranty on the rest of the product. Woolino merino wool clothing, blankets, and sleepwear come with a 3-months warranty from the date of purchase. Damage that occurs after this period is usually caused by wear and tear.
Shrinkage and pilling are not covered by the warranty, please follow Care Instructions carefully to ensure you get the best possible wear from your garment. If you find your product to be defective, please Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your garment purchase date and order number.